Mendip Data Systems are a small company based in the Mendip Hills in Somerset. We specialise in creating management software for schools.
All our programs were originally developed to meet specific school requirements in North Somerset.
The advantage of being a small development operation is that schools don't have to pay for large company overheads when they purchase our products - and users can talk directly to the key people in the company when they contact us. The disadvantage is that sometimes we may not be available, and you may need to leave us a message - or better still, email us - email@example.com - because we respond to emails quickly and at any time.
All our programs are open source databases using Microsoft Access and SQL Server.
We regularly update our programs to meet the changing needs of schools.
It is also our policy to supply full program code so that schools can customise the program features to suit individual needs.
We currently have five programs available for purchase by schools.
School Data Analyser is designed to manage and analyse a wide variety of student, staff and school data including:
- reports (Interim and End of Year) / pastoral incidents / pastoral & attendance analysis / mentoring / SEN & G+T students / detentions / student & staff information
- parents evening appointments / grades analysis / exam results analysis / timetable print options & analysis / teacher planners / student references
- student medical & contact info / mail merge letters / address & name labels / email (parents / carers, staff & students)
- attendance registers / room & equipment bookings
SDA Link is used to manage the updating of staff and student data from SIMS.net.
This is normally done automatically as a scheduled task e.g. overnight
Curriculum Enrichment Organiser was created to manage all aspects of a school curriculum enrichment programme including:
- organisation of activities and risk assessments / production of activity booklets / allocation of students and staff to activities / timetabling of rooms to activities
- medical and contact information / bookings and transport for external trips / organisation of staff cover in case of absence
- student payments and activity costs / monthly calendar & task list
School Payments System is designed to manage and analyse all aspects of parent/carer payments for activities such as field trips & curriculum resources.
Exam Timer is used to display remaining time in public examinations. The large format display can be used for up to 4 examinations and is intended for use with a data projector
In addition, some resources can be downloaded for free from the website : Countdown Timer / Email Tester / Student ICT Database
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would you like to become involved with the future development of our products, offer thoughts or tell us about your own work.